Monday 10 March 2014

Eric McKing's Diet Blog - Week 10

Eric McKing has been on the Simple Slim Shake liquid diet for 10 weeks. Here is how he’s been getting on:

I was about to leave work to catch Eastenders but I was peckish so I went into the kitchen to make some toast for a bus time snack. Then I remembered it was a my liquid fast day and toast is a solid so I couldn’t make any toast. But I went into the kitchen anyway in case someone else made toast and I could smell the toaster while I drank my Simple Slim Shake.

When I was in the kitchen some employees walked in talking about going for a curry for Sally’s birthday, then they noticed me smelling the toaster and went quiet. I sniffed the toaster some more trying to remember what toast tasted like but no one had recently made any toast so it didn't smell of anything. Then Vicky from HR asked if I wanted to join them for a curry. I thought about saying no because I wanted to watch Eastenders and as it was my fast day but then I realised Eastenders wasn't on tonight so I went with them.

At the restaurant I just asked the waiter to bring me a pint glass and a straw for my shake and stuck to drinking tap water because alcohol and fruit juices have calories in them. “Are you sure you don’t want to order anything, Eric?” Vicky asked, “No, no, it’s my liquid fast day and curry is a solid so I can’t”.    

It was a nice evening and I got to speak to Vicky about the lack of paper clips in the cupboard and she said she’ll look into it but then didn’t speak to me for the rest of the evening. I don’t think she will be able to get any more paperclips for the cupboard though.

When the bill came they decided to split it and it was quiet reasonable at £35.63 each. I also paid the tip as they rotate who leaves the tip whenever they go out for meals and they said it was my turn today.

I look forward to the next meal and hopefully it won’t be on a day Eastenders is on.

I lost 1lsb.

No comments:

Post a Comment